- Botanical Name: Citrus Bergamia
- Extraction Method: Cold Pressed
- Extracted From: Peel Only
- Farming Method: Organic
- Nation of Harvest: Italy
- Size: 10ml (1/3 ounce)
Bergamot, thought to have been originally imported to Italy from the Canary Islands by Christopher Columbus, was named for the Italian city Bergamo where it was first known to have been commercially grown and harvested. Bergamot is rarely consumed in its natural form either as a fruit or juice, but is grown and harvested exclusively for the production of essential oil. Perhaps the most popular use of Bergamot oil today is as “Earl Grey” tea, which is a black tea infused with bergamot oil.
Bergamot has been used medicinally in Italy since the 14th century and is famous for its ability to regulate appetite, believed to successfully aid both anorexia as well as obesity. It was also historically prescribed as an antidepressant and commonly used as an insect repellant. Bergamot was also well known throughout Italy, India, and Asia to reduce fevers and help treat common colds.
Historic Medicinal Uses:
Actions: Analgesic, antidepressant, antiseptic, antispasmodic, antitoxic, carminative, diuretic, laxative, parasiticide, stimulant, stomachic, tonic, vermifuge, vulnerary
Skin: Acne, boils, cold sores, eczema, insect bites, psoriasis, scabies, varicose veins
Respiratory: Sore throat, tonsillitis, halitosis
Digestive: Ulcers, flatulence, appetite regulation
Other: Colds, fever, flu, Leucorrhea, pruritis, thrush
Blends well with:
Lavender, Cyprus, Geranium, Lemon, Chamomile, Juniper Berry
Bergamot is often either synthetically produced. It is also common to synthetically alter other, less expensive citrus oils (commonly orange and lime) by adding linalool, limonene, and linalyl acetate in order to pass GCMS testing. By Faith never uses synthetic additives.
It is recommended to dilute bergamot to 0.4% for skin application.
Oil Safety Information:
- This oil holds GRAS status (Generally Recognized As Safe) with the exception of the information listed below:
- This oil is Photosensitizing: Avoid exposure to sunlight or any other UV light source after skin application. Limit dilution rate to 0.4% or less when applying to the skin to avoid irritation or burns.
- We do not recommend internal use or undiluted skin application of any essential oils unless under the direction and care of a qualified medical professional. See our FAQ for more information.
- Products and information from By Faith have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any health condition or disease.
LIMONENE AND CINEOL-1.8 - 36.73
ALPHA PINENE - 1.22
LINALYL ACETATE - 29.37
SABINENE - 1.09
LINALOOL - 8.55
BETA BISABOLENE - 0.28
BETA PINENE - 9.29
MYRCENE - 0.85
GAMMA-TERPINENE - 8.34
No adulterant, contaminant or dilutant was detected.
*Please note that our GC/MS results may change somewhat frequently. The results above are for the most recent distillation and will vary slightly from previous distillations.
By Faith Essential Oils:
By Faith Essential Oils are the simply the highest quality essential oils available online. We are a massage therapy / aromatherapy clinic in Texas who needed top quality essential oils to use in our clinic, but was unable to locate any on the market which met our standards at reasonable prices. We then began purchasing oils directly from the best farms, distillers, and distributors in the world, purchasing, testing, and rejecting hundreds of samples along the way in pursuit of only the best, and have began using them in our clinic as well as selling directly to our customers in 2015. We only sell directly to consumers or wholesale to pharmacies or non-profit organizations, which is how we can we can offer higher quality at lower prices. We have no distributors or middlemen. We consistently test to prove higher quality and higher purity than the companies claiming "Therapeutic Grade".
In 2016, we formed By Faith Wellness Ministries as a way to give back to the community and to serve and glorify God. By Faith Wellness Ministries is the sole distributor for online sales. 100% of proceeds are disseminated to charitable organizations.
- All content found on the ByFaithOils.com Website, including text, images, audio, or other formats were created for informational purposes only. The Content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this Website.