This product is sold out
- Botanical Name: Origanum vulgare
- Subspecies: Hirtum
- Chemotype: Thymol
- Extraction Method: Steam Distilled
- Extracted From: Leaves and Tops
- Farming Method: Organic
- Nation of Harvest: Turkey/Greece*
- Size: 10ml (1/3 ounce)
The health benefits of Oregano Essential Oil can be attributed to its properties as an antiviral, antibacterial, antifungal, antiparasitic, antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, digestive, emenagogue and anti-allergenic substance.
The disinfectant and antibacterial properties of oregano essential oil were first recognized in ancient Greece where they were often used for treating bacterial infections on the skin or in wounds, and it was also employed to protect food from bacteria. It is a plant native to higher altitudes and normally grows in the mountains, which is how it got the name “Oregano”, which means “Delight of the Mountains”.
* Due to a poor harvest from Turkey this year, we were forced to source a harvest from Greece. The quality is equal and there is virtually no difference in the aroma or GCMS constituents; therefore, we left them unsder the same SKU rather than creating separate products. Upon ordering, you may receive either unless you specifically request one or the other.
By Faith Essential Oils:
By Faith Essential Oils are the simply the highest quality essential oils available online. We are a massage therapy / aromatherapy clinic in Texas who needed top quality essential oils to use in our clinic, but was unable to locate any on the market which met our standards at reasonable prices. We then began purchasing oils directly from the best farms, distillers, and distributors in the world, purchasing, testing, and rejecting hundreds of samples along the way in pursuit of only the best, and have began using them in our clinic as well as selling directly to our customers in 2015. We only sell directly to consumers or wholesale to pharmacies, which is how we can we can offer higher quality at lower prices. We have no distributors or middlemen. We advertise as "Clinical Grade", as we consistently test to prove higher quality and higher purity than the companies claiming "Therapeutic Grade".
Oil Safety Information:
Oregano Essential Oil is contraindicated during pregnancy and breastfeeding and may cause embryotoxicity. Do not use Oregano if pregnant or breastfeeding and avoid use on children under 2 years of age.
It is known possible skin and mucous membrane irritant. We recommend heavy dilution (less than 1%) prior to skin application and avoid usage on sensitive skin.
We do not recommend internal use or undiluted skin application of any essential oils unless under the direction and care of a qualified medical professional. See our FAQ for more information.
- Products and information from By Faith have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any health condition or disease.
No adulterant, contaminant or dilutant was detected.
*Please note that our GC/MS results may change somewhat frequently. The results above are for the most recent distillation and will vary slightly from previous distillations.